There are tickets in my project that get automatically created via the Jira Misc Workflow Extension from Jira Service Desk. There are two clues:
I'd like to use this data to help me start to gather some metrics on Service Desk tickets as a way to reduce post-production issues.
But, I can't find any way to query on either of the bullets above. I'd rather not have to pay for the license to the Service Desk to dig data straight from the source...and not all Service Desk tickets make it to my project.
Any ideas would be awesome.
Does JMEW create the issue w/ a unique Reporter? If so can you use that?
As far as a query on the two bullets what does the following yield?
text ~"None+This+issues+relates+to" AND issuelinktype = "Relates to"
fiddle w/ the above to see if you can squeeze out your goal
I haven't done many text searches, so still learning.
When I put in this query...text ~"This issue relates to MSD-1087"...I get no results. I would have hoped that would return the single ticket I'm using as a test case. Doing this to try to narrow down why it doesn't work when I add the string "MSD" to the search query.
Are you wanting to restrict The query to the MSD project? If so...
project = msd and text ~"None+This+issues+relates+to" AND issuelinktype = "Relates to"
adjust the text details in the quotes to align with what is actually common in each issue.
in the case you show above I suspect there is not issue that has the words “this issue relates ...”.
no, it is not the MSD project I'm querying. Those MSD tickets are tickets that are added to my project from our Jira Service Desk app. So, they come in labeled as MSD tickets, i.e. MSD-5488, as a Relates To link and in the History.
I am trying to query my project for MSD tickets.
As I stated above, when "None" is included in the query it results in nothing. Same thing when I include MSD as search text.
I have a specific ticket that I'm using as a sample to validate my query works. If it finds this ticket it's working. It has the following entry in the History - "None --> This issues relates to MSD-1087".
I've attached a screen capture of the info I've referenced above.
so it seems to me that the text query is not capable of finding the JWME info. However, I would suggest reaching out to their to see if they have a recommendation. I don't use JMWE but I'm wondering if, when JMWE is creating an issue, a custom field could be set that would indicate it was created by JMWE.
Actually, JMWE's Create Issue(s) post-function stores in the newly created issue the key of the original issue in an issue property called
jmwe-created-from. This can be used in JQL searches using the following syntax:
issue.property[jmwe-created-from].key is not empty
This JQL will return all issues that were created by the Create Issue(s) post-function.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events