How can I find the count of bugs reported by myself is archived.

Kapil June 18, 2021

I can find my unarchived bugs by using the filter,

1. issuetype = Bug AND (description ~ "Submitted By: XXX@amazon.com" OR reporter in (XXX)).
  2. The above filter gives the total number of bugs in JIRA logged from my side.

Example: Before this archival process, My bug count = x, now the number decreased. I need to find how much count decreased (i.e.) how many bugs are archived.

Shall Atlassian community help me to find the 'Count of bugs reported by myself is archived'?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2021

Hi @Kapil

this seems to be a "special" case where issues of yours are put after some time to the "Archive instance" like Mohamed already discussed with you.

I am unsure if Community members can provide a very deep insight on this as many factors might come in - in the easiest possibility there is some Issue Security Level set or your Permission Scheme differs.

Of course, you can wait if other ideas come out but I think the best would be to speak to the administrator if the archiving Jira instance how the process exactly looks like and what you observed.

Regards,
Daniel

Kapil June 25, 2021

Thanks @Daniel Ebers for the update

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021
Kapil June 18, 2021

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Please find the below attachment,

I thought there might be an option? 

Capture.PNG

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

So what i understand, is that your administrator may archive issue in the prod instance that was updated more that 1 year ago, but those issues will be searchable in the archive instance.

Kapil June 24, 2021

Yes, I searched in archive instance, it gives random wrong count.

Example:

• Bug which is in archive instance is also appears in prod instance.
  • I found 250 bugs in archive instance. I took a bug from that randomly and searched in prod instance, it appears there also.

Consider, If my overall bug count is 500. Out of that 200 is updated more than 1 year. Then,

1. prod instance count = 300
  2. archive instance count = 200

But here it is not happening like that, that's the issue.

Suggest an answer