How can I find missing labels (which are not suggested)?

A team member of mine recently added a set of 4 labels to a couple dozen tickets. We want to use these labels going forward; however, when I type into the label field in an issue, they are not suggested in the drop-down. The are also not suggested in the label field in the issue search page.

However, in the issue search results, I can see the labels appear. If I click on the label, I get a jql url string that shows a search for that label, but even after doing that, it still won't show in the label drop-down.

We obviously want these labels to be suggested, to keep from having everyone re-typing them and risking typos.

Labels can't be managed centrally... so I have no idea how to track these down. Any ideas?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

It depends on the auto suggestion algorithm of Atlassian. But what about introducing a custom field (single or multi select list) with these four values?

@Tiffany Broadbent, The autocomplete algorithm is looking for existing labels, but only in those issues, that are visible to the current user.

Makes sense. Thank you!

This widget could not be displayed.

We have this same issue. We have tons of labels - let's say 50. And some users can see 20, some can see 5 or 6... Why can't everyone see ALL the labels?

See my response from Tuesday.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

169 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you