How can I filter Watched tickets per label ?

Toncheva_ Mirela _BG_ May 18, 2023

Hello, I am trying to display a widget to show Watched issues but split them per label, because currently we have 3 teams within one project and they are divided by labels, so I want to see watched issues for my team in one widget and watched issues for other teams in another widget

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

Hi @Toncheva_ Mirela _BG_ and welcome to the Community!

Just assuming that you mean gadgets on a dashboard, in the scenario you describe you could basically use any widget and just create separate filters for each label.

To be more precise: let's say you want to display a list of issues, you can use the filter results gadget. Create a separate filter for each team and as many filter results gadgets on your dashboard as you have teams. Your filter could look somewhat like this:

Project = "Your project" AND labels = TeamA

In the other filters, replace the label TeamA with the ones identifying the other teams.

If you would like to see all watched issues across the different labels in a single gadget, you could use the two dimensional issue statistics gadget. Be aware that this gadget does not display a list of issues, but counters for the number of issues that you can click to display the actual issues. In that scenario, you would need a filter that lists the issues for all labels representing your teams:

Project = "Your project" AND labels in (TeamA, TeamB, ...)

When configuring the gadget, use labels as the X or Y axis of the gadget and another dimension for the other axis (e.g. Project if you like to see a single count per label, or e.g. status or assignee if you would like to make the gadget more informative).

Hope this helps!

Hi @Walter Buggenhout  thank you for reaching out!

Yes, I do mean gadgets, sorry! :)

Currently, I am using the out-of-the-box  "Watched issues" gadget, however, it shows me all teams (all labels) and I have no way of configuring it to use a filter per label.

I also do have several "Filter result" gadgets per label (team), however, I can not find how to distinguish them by Watched ones, so my problem still exists, unfortunately.. 

Any other ideas here ?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

No problem, @Toncheva_ Mirela _BG_ , it's still all in the filter settings. If you extend the filter I shared earlier, you can further restrict the set of issues to the one's your are watching:

Project = "Your Project" AND labels = TeamA AND watcher = currentUser()

This last bit is dynamic, so it will show the issues watched by the current logged in user, so it will work for anyone on the team.

If you want to specify a specific user, replace currentUser() with the specific user you have in mind.

Amazing! That's exactly what I needed, thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events