How can I export the entire product backlog into a CSV file?

I need to export the product backlog from JIRA into a CSV file, what do I have to do?

Appreciate your support, Thanks.

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You can perform a search in JIRA (take the same filter as your board filter / optionally exclude completed issues or issues that are in a current sprint) and export all of the returned values to Excel. There you can convert the values into a CSV file:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Exporting+Search+Results+to+Microsoft+Excel

Also you could check this answer here:#https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/84144

Cheers

Thanks Christian, although your instructions sound very simple, could you please explain it in simple steps for someone with no experiences and background in JIRA, agile etc. whatsoever? I would really appreciate it, thanks!

The first link Christian gave you contains the "simple steps" to get an excel file. Once you have that, open it in a spreadsheet and select "save as" to get the option to save it as CSV.

You can use Shift + Left click on the first issue followed by Left click on the last issue in the backlog-screen and than right click to export to Excel or other possibillities. See GreenHopper 6.2.2 release notes for more info. In Excel you save the file as .csv

Rob's suggestion currently generates a 404 page. I'd like the feature to be supported though, it would be very useful.404.pngimage2016-12-8 15:53:53.png

This works if you then click 'view in issue list'. From there you can export.

Thanks Jo, that's how it works and what I should heve written in the first place...

This is an old question, but for those that are searching for alternative solutions. If you have the JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) you can use the getIssueList action with the jql parameter set to your query. It produces a CSV file.

With the Better Excel Plugin, you can export any sprint or the backlog (or any set of issues) to custom Excel files, which can then easily saved to CSV.

You can do from Issue Navigator or even directly from the JIRA Software views:

jira-agile-backlog-xls-export

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

79 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you