How can I edit/become the admin of a Company-managed project?

Colton Carnevale August 12, 2022

I am the owner of my organization, and I have also added myself as an admin under `Project Settings > People`, but I still cannot edit the board of a Business Project that I am using to manage my Marketing team. 

To test, I created a Team-Managed Business Project and can add a card to the board and have all of the other admin-level permissions. 

I am confused as to why I do not have these permissions on my company-managed project. How do I give myself the appropriate permissions?

3 answers

0 votes
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022
Colton Carnevale August 12, 2022

image.png

From some of the documentation you sent. I am on a free plan, so I am confused as to why I am not receiving admin permissions. Here is a spot under user management that then contradicts the documentation. My ORG ADMIN account is set to USER on all of the products under the site-admins group and has no option for anything else 

image.png

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

Just because you are an admin that does not mean you are in the permission scheme or board admin or the filter share.   Have a look at the other documents as well. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2022

@Colton Carnevale 

I'm looking at my personal Free instance for comparison.

In the last image you posted for Group Product Access can you confirm for the Jira Administration product it shows you have the Product Admin role?

Under Atlassian Administration > Directory > Users, find your login and click the Show Details option. Does it show you are a member of the site-admins group for all the products?

You said you made yourself an admin by going to Project Settings > People. When I go to that page for a Company Managed Software project the Add button is disabled and I see this message:

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 12.44.21 PM.png

If the Add button is enabled for you, that would suggest that you are not actually on the Free plan.

You might want to review your Billing page in Atlassian Administration and confirm that you really are still on the Free plan.

If you are not actually on the free plan, then permission schemes may have been changed. In that case, with Jira Admin access, you should be able to fix the permission schemes to re-grant yourself admin access to the project.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2022

What type of edit of the board for the Company Managed Business project are you trying to execute?

0 votes
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2022

Hi @Colton Carnevale 

I am not totally sure but have you checked to see if you are the Board Admin for that first project you are talking about?

HTH,
KGM

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events