Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How can I edit a Description or Comment with monspace (courier) font.

For visual editing in monspace font.

3 answers

0 votes

Keep the text in the curly braces can help you out. Moreover if you are interested in tracking couriers then can check online. You can try other styles as well.

Hey, I am also looking at how to edit the description with monospace. Have you found the solution? If yes, please share with me. Regards: Best America made binoculars

0 votes

Hi Imre,

Place the text in between a pair of two curly braces. Example

{{monospace}}

Have a look at https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=texteffects for more text effects.

Thanks

Bhushan

Does this solution still work? I would like to be able to sometimes add a bit of code to a comment and would like to change the font to identify as such but putting double curly braces surrounding it does not work, nor any similar ways I have tried.

However, I just noticed in the formats dropdown here there is a Code Block option I would like to try but it is not in the toolbar on my Jira board. 

Console.WriteLine("Hello World!"); 

// Keep the console window open in debug mode.
Console.WriteLine(
"Press any key to exit.");
Console.ReadKey();

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you