How can I do voting on JIRA cards?

Moss Drake September 7, 2018

I am trying to use the out of the box Kanban board for reviewing a project backlog.

I have three columns:

- To Review

- In Progress

- Reviewed

I want to allow people to vote on cards (either in the "to review" or "Reviewed" columns) so that we can assess which cards have a higher priority than others.

I know that JIRA allows voting, but I can't see how to enable it.

"Allow users to vote on issues" is enabled (ON) in System Settings.

image.png

I ran the Permission Helper and it appears that I have permission to View voters and watchers. I can see the eyeball for watching. But no way to upvote.

What am I missing?

image.png

1 answer

5 votes
Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2018

@Moss Drake Go to your board, click on the board dropdown menu and choose configure, click on "issue detail view" at the bottom of the column on the left, in the people field choose "Votes", and hit add. Now go back to your board, click on an issue, and you should see the vote option in the detail view.

Moss Drake September 7, 2018

Thanks, that helped me figure it out.

Turns out, I'm using "the new view" and I can't configure voting in that.

When I followed your instructions and then switched to "the old view" I could see the voting options.

image.png

image.png

Like 酒井 likes this
Ady Harold May 22, 2020

I can't see from this how a user actually votes... I can see that this number should count up, but there's seemingly no way to activate it. Anyone know?

Like # people like this
Vanessa Chatarjee March 10, 2021

Same issue here @Ady Harold I don't see how the user actually upvotes a ticket just the number of votes appears. Is there a way to enable this feature on the issue detail view?

Like Natalie Foley likes this
sarafina925 yuan June 13, 2021

Same issue here ,I can't vote for a issue

Anthony October 18, 2021

@Ady Harold @Vanessa Chatarjee @sarafina925 yuan  I've found that I can't vote for my own ussue only for the other's. Maybe it might help if you test it on your test issues and can't vote it.

Suggest an answer