How can I display previous values of a custom field?

Aaron TP March 30, 2022

Hi,

I'd like to display the previous values of a custom field.

For example, I have a "price" field where I enter a number and this changes often. I'd like to display the previous values of this field, perhaps in a separate field of its own.

Is there any way to achieve this?

I know I can look through the issue history at the bottom of the page, but there doesn't seem to be a way to filter this information.

Thank you!

3 answers

1 vote
Muhammad Akram Sharifi August 10, 2022

Hi @Aaron TP 

please use this it will give you the previous value and the current value of the field

{{changelog.Price.fromString}} to {{issue.fields.Price}}

1 vote
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 30, 2022

Hi @Aaron TP 

If you'd like to filter the issue history and customize your report, check out the Issue History app. Here you can filter by project, sprint, assignee, etc., and choose any date range.

Add any custom field to the grid columns to manipulate output data.

sprint changelog.pngCheck it out if you're ok with third-party solutions.

The add-on is developed by my team. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

1 vote
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2022

Hi,

You can try automation to get the old value and new value and put the old value in a customfield. But if the value change often i don't know if it will be useful.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Automation-Email-using-Old-Value-and-New-Value-of-a-field/qaq-p/1844957

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/#--changelog--

Suggest an answer