How can I disable email notification when complete / start sprint?

Nikki Kim October 4, 2016

I have members complaining they get tons of emails when I complete and start a sprint. 

I'd like to disable this email notification in one project. How can I do that?

I also want to disable email notification for moving around the sprints, ie moving from backlog to a sprint. 

Please advise.

Thanks,

1 answer

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2016

Check the notification scheme. That, along with the events that fire during transitions control when notifications are sent and to who. You may need to have a different notification scheme for that project.

Nikki Kim October 4, 2016

Thanks, @Joe Pitt. 

Would you care to share more detail on which item in the notification scheme we should look into?

Thank you so much for your help!

Juan Noveron October 11, 2016

please explain how to disable the notification email for every change

Vikas Gupta July 18, 2018

Pease explain how to enable the notification email for every change. I want to get an email when sprint is started/stopped. Cheers!

Daniel Holcombe April 8, 2019

When Sprint is changed, the Update Issue notification event is fired.

How can I prevent issue Sprint field change from sending notifications?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2019

The notification scheme sends emails when an event fires. There is an event in every post function of a transition.  You can edit the post function and delete the event or change it to a custom event. You can also modify the notification scheme used on the project to not send emails for some events by removing all the roles/groups that are notified. Besides the post functions in transitions editing, commenting, or changing the assignee will trigger a notification. The scheme is applied to the whole project so you can't stop notifications these non-transition events for only one issue. 

Suggest an answer