How can I determine how long an issue has been in current status?

Lynne Billig August 13, 2013

I know that there's no way to do this via JQL (unless someone has created a plug-in with a function that does this). If I can't get the time calculated, it would be nice to at least be able to get the date when the current status was set. Example: Occasionally, issues need review by "Godot" in order to continue thru development; Work Transition resets the status to "Waiting for Godot"; "Godot" may or may not get around to reviewing these issues and sending them back into the development cycle. So these issues can sit around "Waiting for Godot" for undetermined amount of time. It would be handy to be able to get a list of issues that are "Waiting for Godot" and to know either WHEN they were put into that status or HOW LONG each issue has been in that status.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2013
A common suggestion in cases like this is to capture the date of the transition that takes it to "Waiting for Godot" (amusing reference by the way) and store it in a custom field. You can then list that custom field in your Issue Navigator to see when it happened. That requires a post-function to set the date field to the last updated time, which should be the transition you want if you put your post function after the update part of the post function sequence in that transition. A variation on the theme is to capture the date as mentioned above but also use an additional custom field of the calculated field type to show the time between the transition and the current date. Then you would add that field to your issue navigator instead. That requires a lot more setup, so just seeing the date of the transition may be enough.
Lynne Billig August 18, 2013

yep. that would work for me. date of transition is enough and I can go from there.

0 votes
Ege Su İnan April 8, 2015

@Lynne Billig,

We recently released a plug-in that mesures time between status. I think Time in Status will solve your problem.

Here is the link to discover more about Time in Status.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.obss.plugin.time-in-status

Thank you for your interest in OBSS Atlassian Platinum Partner 

Suggest an answer