How can I delete a private filter (user no longer exists) directly from the database (without using the SU or the Script Runner plugins)

Alexandru Baltes June 6, 2016

Hi,

I need to delete a private filter, for a user that no longer exists - so I cannot login as the user and I want an alternative option for using the SU plugin.

How to safely delete it from the database? I know that for example there is an entry in the searchrequest table regarding the filter, but I want to make sure whether there are also other dependencies.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2016

Hi Alexandru,

The tables you need to handle are:

• searchrequest
  • filtersubscription
  • columnlayout
  • columnlayoutitem
  • sharepermissions

You can write a db query to remove the filter and all it's references from the tables I mentioned OR you can modify the filter ownership in the searchrequest table to your user or modify the shares by adding a record in the sharepermissions table and then delete the filter from the JIRA UI. Note that if you modify the database while JIRA is running the changes will not be picked up by JIRA, so you'll need to restart JIRA. It's better to shutdown JIRA while modifying the database and start it after that. And last but not least - BACKUP YOUR DATABASE prior to any direct modifications.

Suggest an answer