• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • How can I delegate permission for software user to create new project without delegate him jira administrator permission?

How can I delegate permission for software user to create new project without delegate him jira administrator permission?

I separated permission between jira system administrator and jira administrator. 

I need give permission for create new project for our team lead.

I don`t want to give him jira administrator permission... becouse if i delegate him the Jira administrator permission he will have permission to delete other projects and change  group of user etc.

But I need give permission for create new project. How can i do that?

2 answers

0 vote
Vasiliy Zverev Community Champion Nov 22, 2016

I not sure, but you could try to use Global permission for specified group. Documentation:https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/managing-global-permissions-720412521.html#ManagingGlobalPermissions-sysadmin

Pay attention to the point "About 'JIRA System Administrators' and 'JIRA Administrators'"

0 vote

You can't.  To create projects, you have to be a JIRA administrator or a JIRA System administrator.

There are some add-ons which can delegate the rights to users though.

Thank for the answer! Could you give some link? Or maybe you are remember their names?

I tend to do it by hand with script-runner scripts myself, so I'm a bit vague on specific add-ons.

I think typing "delegate" into https://marketplace.atlassian.com/ will get the ones I'm thinking of.  I can't really say I'm experienced enough with any of them to strongly recommend any specific one, but on the basis of other add-ons, I'd start with anything by Wittified

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

441 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you