• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • How can I delegate permission for software user to create new project without delegate him jira administrator permission?

How can I delegate permission for software user to create new project without delegate him jira administrator permission?

I separated permission between jira system administrator and jira administrator. 

I need give permission for create new project for our team lead.

I don`t want to give him jira administrator permission... becouse if i delegate him the Jira administrator permission he will have permission to delete other projects and change  group of user etc.

But I need give permission for create new project. How can i do that?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Vasiliy Zverev Community Champion Nov 22, 2016

I not sure, but you could try to use Global permission for specified group. Documentation:https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/managing-global-permissions-720412521.html#ManagingGlobalPermissions-sysadmin

Pay attention to the point "About 'JIRA System Administrators' and 'JIRA Administrators'"

This widget could not be displayed.

You can't.  To create projects, you have to be a JIRA administrator or a JIRA System administrator.

There are some add-ons which can delegate the rights to users though.

Thank for the answer! Could you give some link? Or maybe you are remember their names?

I tend to do it by hand with script-runner scripts myself, so I'm a bit vague on specific add-ons.

I think typing "delegate" into https://marketplace.atlassian.com/ will get the ones I'm thinking of.  I can't really say I'm experienced enough with any of them to strongly recommend any specific one, but on the basis of other add-ons, I'd start with anything by Wittified

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

121 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you