How can I define a JIRA Issue Resolution when Closing an Issue? Edited

How can I define a JIRA resolution when setting a JIRA issue to Done? At present my team use a specific status for JIRA issues that are invalid but I would like to use the resolution field and delete the invalid status from my workflow.

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 17.33.42.png

3 answers

0 votes
Josh Steckler Community Champion Aug 16, 2017

Hi Chris,

You need to create a screen that has the Resolution field on it, and make sure that any inbound transitions to Resolved use that screen.

A typical setup for me is to have the three screens for the Screen Scheme: View, Edit and Create.

Then you'd also have screens for transitions, like the one you need for Resolving issues.

In your case, I'd have the Resolution field only shown on the View and Resolve screens.

0 votes
Joe Pitt Community Champion Aug 16, 2017

You can't define resolution values on the fly. They must be in the select list and you need to have the resolution field on the tranistion screen. That also means you can't have a post function setting the resolution when tranistioning to Done

0 votes
Boris Berenberg Community Champion Aug 16, 2017

You can just have a transition from Any to Done with a post function to set resolution as Invalid 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/resolutions-are-not-set-225122076.html

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

21,356 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you