How can I define a JIRA Issue Resolution when Closing an Issue?

Christopher Timmer August 16, 2017

How can I define a JIRA resolution when setting a JIRA issue to Done? At present my team use a specific status for JIRA issues that are invalid but I would like to use the resolution field and delete the invalid status from my workflow.

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 17.33.42.png

3 answers

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2017

You can just have a transition from Any to Done with a post function to set resolution as Invalid 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/resolutions-are-not-set-225122076.html

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2017

You can't define resolution values on the fly. They must be in the select list and you need to have the resolution field on the tranistion screen. That also means you can't have a post function setting the resolution when tranistioning to Done

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2017

Hi Chris,

You need to create a screen that has the Resolution field on it, and make sure that any inbound transitions to Resolved use that screen.

A typical setup for me is to have the three screens for the Screen Scheme: View, Edit and Create.

Then you'd also have screens for transitions, like the one you need for Resolving issues.

In your case, I'd have the Resolution field only shown on the View and Resolve screens.

Suggest an answer