It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I deactivate an add-on by command line?

Hi,

We have problems because after activating a plugin (Subversion plugin ALM) it has stated to indexing repositories and JIRA interface keeps locked for users. Thus we can't access as administrator to add-on management option to deactivate it.

It's possible to deactivate an add-on from command line?

Thanks

Begoña

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg Community Leader Jun 16, 2015

You can shut down JIRA, then remove the add-on from the <JIRA HOME>/plugins/installed-plugins folder.

Thanks Boris! It worked!

0 votes

Another method, more complex:
(!) Always backup your data before performing any modification to the database. If possible, try your modifications on a test server.

1. Execute SQL query and find your plugin key

SELECT * FROM pluginversion where pluginname like '%text%';
  2. Execute SQL query and disable plugin:

INSERT into pluginstate (pluginkey, pluginenabled) VALUES ('&lt;pluginkey from query above&gt;','false');
  3. Restart JIRA

Hi,

I can't locate table pluginversion in Confluence 5.8.4 as well as the latest v6.2.3. Has the approach changed or the table names are changed.

Thanks

Suyash

A new, better solution is to disable via the command line as outlined in this article. This is particularly useful when restoring a dev instance from a prod backup.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

[Survey] Development tools and DevOps - share your thoughts!

Hey Community! I work at Atlassian in product marketing and we are conducting a survey to better understand how people feel about their development tool chain and DevOps. We would love if you could...

126 views 1 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you