How can I create an Acceptance Criteria checklist in a User Story...

Mia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 5, 2020

Hi

I want to create Acceptance Criteria checklists with a User Story but I want it to be 'mandatory' and the US should not be allowed to close down until the AC has been completed. I have been told that a US can be closed leaving tasks open - can this be negated?

3 answers

1 vote
Sebastian Brudziński
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 6, 2020

Hello @Mia 

I can recommend the Multiple Checklists for Jira app that we have developed. It let's you create acceptance criteria as a checklist directly in the Jira issue and enforce that this Jira issue cannot be moved to a selected status unless all of the checklist items are checked off. We have even prepared this guide that helps you set it up: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-to-block-issue-transitions-if-not-all-checklist-items-are/ba-p/1085795

And this is how it works like live:

Peek 2019-05-16 15-16.gif

Best regards,
Sebastian

0 votes
Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 6, 2020

Hello @Mia ,

You can achieve this use case with Issue Checklist Pro or its free sibling Issue Checklist Free which is the most popular acceptance criteria plugin in Atlassian Marketplace.

Blocking the 'close story' operation if Acceptance Criteria is not completed is described in the docs

In case of any questions, we are happy to answer them all.

Cheers,
Jack

0 votes
Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2020

Yes, it can be achieved for example by using one of the many available checklists addons. Please check the marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=checklists

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events