How can I create a trigger within JIRA to send a message to my personal site?

LuziaL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2011

I have successfully integrated Jira with our website by being able to remotely create/update issues within Jira via your public facing web services. However, now I'm looking for the ability to create SOAP envelopes and messages within Jira. Is that possible? Basically, once a new issue is created in Jira, I want Jira to send a message to my site to digest and subsequently create a task.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
LuziaL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2011

It's possible to customize JIRA post-functions to do whatever you need. You'd need to create a custom post-function plugin:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workflow+Plugin+Modules#WorkflowPluginModules-Functions

Although, it's not possible in Studio since we don't support customizations.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2011

Another option is to write a listener. But again, not possible in studio!

Suggest an answer