How can I create a report on number of bugs per jira (US)

kante December 3, 2020

Bonjour,

comment puis je faire dans Jira/Confluence pour avoir le nombre de bugs par user story ainsi que la liste des bugs associés à la Jira avec ds modules gratuits ? Merci.

How can i create a report on number of bug by Jira with the view of the bugs list per Jira in the same report (with free module) ?

Thanks

Karine

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

Welcome to the Community!

You can report on numbers of bugs with simple searches for "issuetype = bug".  If you save that as a filter, you can then use the filter in gadgets on the dashboard.  This can give you useful summaries.

But, I do not think I understand the question properly.  Could you explain more?

Bienvenue dans la communauté!

Vous pouvez signaler le nombre de bogues avec de simples recherches sur "issuetype = bug". Si vous enregistrez cela en tant que filtre, vous pouvez ensuite utiliser le filtre dans les gadgets du tableau de bord. Cela peut vous donner des résumés utiles.

Mais je ne pense pas avoir bien compris la question. Pouvez-vous expliquer plus?

Je m'excuse pour mon français, je ne suis pas doué pour les langues autres que l'anglais

kante December 8, 2020

Thanks for the answer. And for the try in french :), not bad, i think better my english.

I will try to explain more :).

I would have a table with for each Jira number the number of bug (the sum) and if it is possible the list of the Jira bug.

Jira Number | Description of Jira | Sum of the bugs number | list of number Jira bug

For example :

NPV-3176 | create a button | 12 | bug 1, bug 2, Bug 3, ....

Hope it helps

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2020

I can get you part of the way there with plain Jira.

Run a search for the issues and save it as a filter.  You probably do not want sub-tasks in this, so you should be running something like

Project = NPV and issuetype in standardIssueTypes()

When you run this filter, you will end up in the issue navigator, where you can customise the columns.  If you select (at least) "Key" and "Sub-tasks", you'll get your columns 1 and 4.

Column 3 requires automation or coding.  You will need something that can count the subtasks and represent it as a field.  If it were Server, I'd use a Scriptrunner scripted field (it only needs one line of code!), on Cloud I'd still use Scriptrunner, but it would have to populate a standard numeric custom field that you would need to add.  That method would work for other scripting and automation apps (on Cloud and Server)

I am not sure what your column 2 "create a button" is going to do though.  If it is for creating a link to "create a sub task", I think again, you could do that with a Scripted field, but I am less sure.

Once you've got that sort of thing to work, you could use it on a dashboard - the "filter results" gadget can show a list of issues and their fields.

kante December 9, 2020

Thanks you very much. It looks like complicated for me. I think, i will use excell.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2020

It's a lot easier to use than excel, and has the benefits that the report won't be obsolete as soon as you've generated it.  Plus, excel won't be able to do your button without a LOT more coding and remote access.

kante December 10, 2020

I believe you, it is just, i am not competent in how to use Jira. I just do not understand what to do. Sorry

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2020

Ok, there's a very short version:

• Click on "search" to run a search for issues
  • Enter a search that returns the issues you want to report on
  • When it gives you the list of results, there are three things to do
    • Click on "columns" to the right of the result and select "sub tasks" from the list
    • (optionally) In the column headings, remove any columns you don't want to see
    • Click "save search", to save the question (this becomes a "saved filter" you can use again later

Suggest an answer