How can I convert "External" OnDemand Users to "Internal" Users (w/ Google Apps)?

I need to convert a user created as an "external" user, with an email outside the Google Apps domain for an OnDemand Jira instance is integrated with, to an "internal" user, one who has an email within the Google Apps domain. The goal is to keep all history the same, so the user has the same closed tickets, all the same watched issues, etc.

How do you merge a new Google Apps internal user with an existing external account? Is there a way of converting?

Thanks.

1 answer

This will only work if the usernames are the same (not the email, just the username portion). If they are not, you can create a new user with a matching username and bulk edit issues to make this user the reporter or assignee, but watches and comments will not move to the new user. Alternatively, you could create a GApps user with the same username, and that will sync properly.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,356 views 14 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you