How can I change the subject of the mail notification?

Julie SANTINI May 9, 2023

Hello,
I would like to change the subject of the jira ticket notification email

Do you know how to do this?

Thanks 

2 answers

1 vote
Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Hi @Julie SANTINI

I don't think it is currently possible to change the subject line of the notification email in Jira Cloud without a third party app. It has been mentioned as a restriction for Cloud here (see entry "Customizing email content").

Hi @Michel Neeser 

Thanks for your answer. What kinf of app can i use to change the subject ? Do you have an idea ? 

Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

I have no experience with apps like this, but a quick search in the marketplace brought me to this app which seems to be able to modify the emails.

Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2023

@Julie SANTINI If the answer helped you, please consider accepting it, maybe it is helpful for others as well. Thank you!

1 vote
Nate Brown May 9, 2023

Click on the "Settings" icon in the bottom-left corner of the sidebar.

From the left sidebar, click on "System."

Click on "General Configuration."

Scroll down to the "Email" section and click on "Edit settings."

In the "Default subject prefix" field, enter the new subject prefix you want to use for your Jira ticket notification emails.

Click on "Update" to save the changes.

After you make this change, Jira will use the new subject prefix for all Jira ticket notification emails sent from your Jira instance.

Hello,
Thank you for your reply. I don't have the "Mail" section in my general configuration.

I am administrator of the Jira administration but not of Jira software, does that change anything?

Nate Brown May 9, 2023

Yes you will need to be an admin for Jira Software 

Great, thank you ! 

Can we change the subject of the mail for only one projet ? Because in Jira Software, we have 7 projects but i would like to change only for one ? 

Thanks 

Like lisa_jackson likes this
Heinrich Graupner September 15, 2023

@Nate Brown I am the Jira Software Admin, but cannot find the "Email" section, can you provide a screenshot?

Jawann Swislow January 26, 2024

@Heinrich Graupner This is not available in Cloud. There's an open request here that was closed as won't do, but has since been reopened: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-7266

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events