How can I change the project manager?

Ines Wendler December 13, 2022

Hello there,

I would like to change the project manager of a Jira project as I took over a project from the former project manager.

I can see the name of the (former) project manager under "Administration" --> "Projects" but I cannot change it. Is it possible to do that and where?

My goal is to have my name as a project manager auto assigned to each ticket and not the former project manager's name as she is also a developer which makes it confusing that her name is always in the new tickets.

Thank you!

Ines

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

Hi @Ines Wendler ,

Welcome to the community !!

Go to the project --> Project settings -->  User and Roles  --> Click Edit defaults. 

Select the required user for "Project lead" and click Update. 

image.png

Ines Wendler December 14, 2022

Hi Rilwan,

Thank you very much for your response. I can access the "Edit defaults". The problem, however, is that I have no possibility to change anything there (although I have admin rights for the project). 

The dropdown menu just says "no options". So I suspected that there is another way to change the project lead...

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks, 

Ines

defaults.png

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

@Ines Wendler 

This means the user "John Doe" doesnot exists in jira system. Try typing only John or something like "Jo" etc.

The John Doe is actually just a manual cover up for the real name of the former project lead.

However, this was a great hint anyways. The user interface made me expect a drop down list of project members (instead of "no options"). I did not realize that I could simply replace "John Doe" typing a new name... 

Now it works. Thank you very much! 

Like Rilwan Ahmed likes this

Suggest an answer