How can I change the default sorting behavior on JIRA Filter?

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2012

We have a column call category (select list) and we have a requirement to sort this category as follows: Blanks, 1A, 1B, 1C...etc. But in current JIRA, blanks is somehow has a bigger value than text. If I sort descending, it gives me Blanks, 1C,1B, 1A. If I sort Ascending, its 1A, 1B, 1C, then blanks. Can someone let me know if I can chnage it without changing JIRA source code?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Hugh Prior
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2012

I'd be inclined to accept that this is the behaviour as is and it should not be changed. Making it the other way round would likely cause other problems elsewhere.

Therefore I would suggest to ensure that the "category" field has a default which does sort to the place I want it e.g. "9Z" or ".".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events