How can I change my workflow associated to an issue type?

Hi,

I have a newly created issue type and would like to change the default workflow of a scheme to a specific one. How can I do that? We are on version 5.1.8 in production and I can't seem to find out... It does work easily on 5.2 though.

Many thanks!

anja

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Create a new workflow scheme

In there, map the issue type to your new workflow

Go into project admin and change the project to use the new workflow scheme.

Hi,

it is not a new workflow, it's only a new issue type. The workflow exists and it added to a scheme already and in use with other issue types within this projects as well. I just can't find where to associate my issue type with this particular workflow.

Best regards

Doesn't matter if the workflow exists already or is new, the same answer applies - the mapping is done in the workflow scheme. You need to map the issue type to the workflow in the workflow scheme.

If you don't do this, then the issue type will take the workflow in the scheme that is matched to "default". Although you say you've "added it a scheme", it sounds like you haven't actually done the mapping at all.

Hi Nic,

that sounds reasonable, but how can I do that? I can't find the option. Plus it says that I have to disassociate all projects before I can edit a scheme?

Thank you for your support!

Don't forget to assign this new workflow to your specific issue and all others to the default workflow. Otherwise it could be that all your issues suddenly follow the new workflow.

Same as above! Create a new scheme and migrate to it.

Hi Anja,

Go to Administration >> Workflow Scheme >> Assign >> Click Associate Workflow to Scheme >> Select newly created issue type and corrosponding workflow and click Assign then go to project administrator >> Workflow Project Tab Panel >> Switch Scheme and select the scheme which you have created for project.

Regards

Onkar Ahire

Hi all,

one last question to it: Will I have to perform a re-index after my association or will it just work out as soon as I change my scheme?

Thank you.

Hi all,

okay, thank you! I just thought I might be lucky enough to find something as easy as in 5.2...

Anyway, thanks all!

It will work as soon as you change your scheme.

No, it will re-index issues as the association runs.

where is the assign button/ link? In JIRA 7.x it does not exist.

Well, the question is 4 years old...

Similar answer though - go into the workflow scheme and look at the types available, you'll be prompted for a workflow if you add one.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

447 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you