How can I categorise tickets as 'Information Security Incident' Yes or No.

Candy Tricia Khohliwe December 9, 2020

Once the ticket is categorized it can then be a resolved ticket.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

If I understand your requirements you should simply create a custom field single select with Yes and No as the options. I assume you will want to require the field to be updated maybe at create or as a transition as well. You may wish to set a default value (No?). 

How can I go about having the field updated at creation or when transitioning?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

Two methods of using Classic project. 

• Transition - edit workflow and on the specific transition you can add a screen that pops up to display the field. Also add a Validaor on the transition require the field. You could do this using a post function but I assume that you want the user to select the option. 
  • at Create - similar to Transition you would add a create screen to the create transition

if you have not edited workflows and done this before I recommend this document- https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-are-jira-workflows/ 

Thanks Jack!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events