How can I avoid the limit Jira Automation LookupIssues results?

oterof@sancristobal.com.ar May 11, 2023

Hello, I need to get the name of the creator users of all the epics, but when I use the {{lookupIssues}} it has a limit of 100.
Do you know any way to obtain the data of all the epics?

thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

Hello oterof@sancristobal.com.ar 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

You can't change the limit imposed on the Lookup Issues action. We need more information to provide useful alternatives.

Approximately how many Epics do you expect to retrieve?

Can you break that into to smaller groups, such as retrieving the Epics per project, and still meet your other requirements?

What is your use case or the problem you are trying to solve where you think you need to retrieve all the Epics?

Well, I need to send and email to a group of persons that apears in the epics, and for that I need the names of the all epics.
The only solution that I found was split the {{lookupIssues}} in small groups, and then join the members whit a distinct.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

If you can run your rule on a Schedule, the Schedule trigger JQL will allow you to retrieve up to 1000 issues.

Yes, its already chedule for the 1st of each month, but the idea is not to send the same email to the same person twice :(
Thats why we need to know firts all the persons at once and then usa the distinct.
But, this iea only works with 100 :(

Suggest an answer