How can I automatically get a Timesheet log from moving Scrum cards?

Rayane Vitorassi Toledo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 28, 2023

My team is now required to use Timesheets to manage and report work hours to clients, but since we are divided into small teams with a greater workload it's been taking up too much time to Log In time spent on tasks as we also have to go back and forth to different activities.

I would like to know if there's any way that these logs are tracked by the time a task/card is moved to the "Working" lane and then finishes or pause the time tracking when it is moved to the "Paused" or "Concluded" lanes.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2023

Hi @Rayane Vitorassi Toledo

Welcome to the Community!

I need to tell you that Jira's built-in time tracking is pretty limited and does not offer an automated mode. To achieve what you described, one would need to resort to using a third-party app that offers automated time tracking from the Atlassian Marketplace.

One of the apps in the search linked above is our Clockwork Automated Time Tracking and Timesheets Free which offers exactly what you asked about - time tracking based on issue transitions.

The app also offers a robust and easy-to-use timesheet view that lets the users select exactly the data they need based on numerous criteria.

Here's an example:
timesheet demo.png

The Free version is limited to 300 timers started per month. Clockwork Pro does not have this limitation.

I believe it is perfectly suited for your needs and I will happily answer any questions you might have. You can also reach out to us directly via our service portal for a demo meeting or specific guidance.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events