How can I auto-add users which where involved in a ticket to a user multifield?

childnode July 31, 2012

Problem:

Security Scheme is set to only allow users who reported, are assigned or are in a custom user multi field called "participants / CC Users"

Question:

How can I auto-add users which where involved in a ticket to a user multifield? Can't find any option for that in workflow. also if user is assignee and he just assign the issue to another colluegue, he has no longer rights to see it himself. Also no workflow action is triggered ;/

Seems to atlassian has something like "auto-add to participants" in their support ticket system support.atlassian.com

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2012

They use the Participants field from JIRA Toolkit plugin.

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JTOOL/JIRA+Toolkit+Plugin

You can then use that field in the security schemes.

childnode July 31, 2012

Sad that's not possible in a native way but it's free and I'm going to try this. Thank you.

childnode August 1, 2012

can add Participant field which is shown in all project but I can't select this as a conditional Custom Field in the security Screen section, any hint?

and YES, I have re-indexed jira ,)

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2012

oh! Seems that field is extending CalculatedCFType and not UserCFType. You will need a multi user field and a post function that can copy the current user to that field. Not sure if someone already have written a plugin for that.

christian13467 October 14, 2014

No, there is no plugin for that outside. Copying the value to a multiuser field does not succed, because of wrong formating. It's a pity, that this does not work.

Suggest an answer