How can I assign a project role to a user or a group? I need to be able to change status in issues.

zacharoula_brinia May 5, 2023

zacharoula.brinia is not a member of the atlassian-addons-project-access project role

You can change this by going to the 'Deployment Flow C-M' project roles and adding zacharoula.brinia to the missing role(s)

I can't do it through the above link, I am in a free plan so I tried through Administration settings but such a choice in not applicable.

Any help, please? Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

Hello @zacharoula_brinia 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Can you show us the details of the Permission Scheme assigned to the affected project?

zacharoula_brinia May 8, 2023

jira 1.PNGjira 2.PNGjira 3.PNG

fyi, it is a company-managed project in a free plan. thank you.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

In a Free plan you can't assign users to project roles, as you have discovered.

Looking at your Permission Scheme I see that you are using a custom permission scheme rather than the default permissions scheme. In this scheme the permissions related to changing issue status are assigned to

Project Role

- atlassian-addons-project-access

Application Access (Any logged in user)

Have you granted the user account Application Access to Jira?

Go to https://admin.atlassian.com, and click on Manage Users for the Jira Software product.

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 10.09.20 AM.png

That will show you a list of users. Is the user in that list?

If not, invite the user.

If the user is already in the list, click Show Details for that user.

Does the user have the User role for the Jira Software product? If not, the user needs to be given that role.

Thank you for your help. I am indeed on the list of the users and I am an org admin. On the show details page, I cannot see the role. How can I give that role?

jira management.PNG

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2023

I don't think we are looking at the same screens.

After I click on Manage Users as shown in the screen I posted in my previous reply, I get a screen like this.

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 10.47.29 AM.png

When I click on Show details next to one of the users I get a screen like this:

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 10.50.11 AM.png

The user needs to have the User role for the Jira Software product in this screen. As the Org Admin the user should also have the Jira Administration product listed and have the Product Admin role for that product.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events