How can I allow reporter to update their issue's statuses?

Laure Brosseau February 22, 2018

Hello, 

I haven't been lucky with finding some information on this yet, I'd like to enable a reporter to be able to close or set as resolve his request through his customer portal.

I think this is doable with the workflows.. If someone can help me..

I'm using Jira service desk cloud

Thank you!!

4 answers

1 accepted

kilinich February 22, 2018

It's tricky to find where that check-box exists /-) only on Diagram view if you click on transition arrow. No other place I could find it.

Thanks for your answer, I've tried this but the transitions still do not appear on my portal :( weird..

It should appear, I've juts did the same. Don't forget to publish workflow draft and reload portal page!

ooh it was a cache issue!!! thanks!!! 

0 votes
Mikael Witt March 1, 2019

Using Service Desk cloud and can not find any options for showing the transition in the customer portal, permissions looks just fine for the project, but the option is just not there when editing the workflow....any new on this?

Seems like a pretty important function.

Mikael Witt March 1, 2019

Solved it myself, just so you know, I copied an existing workflow, this means that it is not associated with a workflow scheme and ticket type. In that state, the option for making transition visible to customer is not there. After associating it with a workflow scheme and a ticket type, it is visible.

It shows up in the flowchart view of the workflow when selecting a transition.

BR

/Micke

0 votes
Dmitry Mironov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2018

In JSD reporter should have Service Desk Customer role for the project.

Then they have options to add comment and resolve the issue via portal.

Image 3.png

And suppose you use the default JSD workflow

Adding comments is fine, but I can't manage to have them the possibility to Resolve or Close the issue. 

I've made a test with a new account having the Service Desk Customer role for the project, but it's not appearing..

Dmitry Mironov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2018

Check Permission scheme for the project:

Image 4.png

I don't have such button neither.  Same permission. Maybe it's because your jira is server version but we work on cloud one?

thanks, but I have the same scheme permissions :(

0 votes

AFAIK,  there is no way for customer to edit issue. Jira Service Desk has overridden this permission. The user must have a Jira Service Desk license and Service Desk Agent permission on this project.

I've edited my post, I'm not sure I was clear enough. I'd like reporters to be able to close their own issue, so to have additional menus on the left side like here:Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 14.35.03.png

Thanks!

Like Sahiba likes this
Sahiba May 27, 2020

Hi, how can I add additional items to the menu for the reporter, just like you did?

Dmitry Mironov
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2020

What "additional items" you mean?

Sahiba May 28, 2020

Hi, thanks for your response. By additional items I meant adding the option of re-opening and closing the issue on the customer portal to allow the customer to change the workflow. I was able to do that by adding a new transition (to workflows) and clicking on show the transition in customer portal.

Like Dmitry Mironov likes this

Suggest an answer