How can I allow non-logged in users to view issues

I want to allow all of my users to be able to browse through the issues that have been submitted. How can I do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 votes

Go into the permission scheme(s) for your public projects and add

Browse = (group) Anyone

Warnings:

• Never add "anyone" to any other permission, otherwise you enable people to change your data without any form of identity being logged. This may well be valid in some cases, but you need to think about the consequences of not logging changes
  • Similar to the one above, look at your workflows - check that ALL transitions have at least one condition like "must be a user in the project" or "must be in the group Jira users". Or you'll end up with anonymous users able to transitions.
  • Browse = anyone really does mean everyone who can get to your Jira with a browse. As you're using OnDemand, that would include, um, me.

Just to add to Nic's answer, this will also allow Google to index your public project pages.

Bother, yes I forgot that point, sorry.

Last point should end "that would include me and the all-seeing-eye-of-Sauron/Google". If you were on your own Jira, you could set robots.txt as some protection of course, but you can't do that with OnDemand.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,831 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot