How can I allow non-logged in users to view issues

Ian Carroll February 10, 2013

I want to allow all of my users to be able to browse through the issues that have been submitted. How can I do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2013

Go into the permission scheme(s) for your public projects and add

Browse = (group) Anyone

Warnings:

• Never add "anyone" to any other permission, otherwise you enable people to change your data without any form of identity being logged. This may well be valid in some cases, but you need to think about the consequences of not logging changes
  • Similar to the one above, look at your workflows - check that ALL transitions have at least one condition like "must be a user in the project" or "must be in the group Jira users". Or you'll end up with anonymous users able to transitions.
  • Browse = anyone really does mean everyone who can get to your Jira with a browse. As you're using OnDemand, that would include, um, me.
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2013

Just to add to Nic's answer, this will also allow Google to index your public project pages.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2013

Bother, yes I forgot that point, sorry.

Last point should end "that would include me and the all-seeing-eye-of-Sauron/Google". If you were on your own Jira, you could set robots.txt as some protection of course, but you can't do that with OnDemand.

Suggest an answer