How can I aggregate sprint metrics from multiple Projects?

Nick Ansell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 1, 2022

Hi there,

I work with multiple teams who each have their own Project in Jira. As well as looking at their individual sprint reports, I am looking to aggregate their metrics for reporting on a department level.

For example:

• Average number of Stories (or Issues) completed per sprint across all teams
  • Average Story Points completed per sprint across all teams

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Nick

1 answer

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2023

Hi @Nick Ansell,

Yes, you can easily do this with our Great Gadgets app.  

For your specific examples, you could use the Kanban Velocity gadget. For this you must have a Jira issue filter that includes the issue from all teams.  And, the sprints to be aligned between teams (to start and finish in the same day).

• Average number of Stories (or Issues) completed per sprint across all teams

Configure the gadget to use the Jira filter and to calculate by issue count   

image.png

• Average Story Points completed per sprint across all teams

Configure the gadget to use the Jira filter and to calculate by story points   

image.png

The horizontal axis will display time intervals (not sprint names). 

You can achieve this with Team Velocity gadget, but it requires some specific configuration... 

There are many other metric that you can at the release/department level. For example, a cumulative release burdown chart. 

image.png

For a more complete list, just have a look at this article: How to track scaled-agile (SAFe) projects in Jira with Great Gadgets app 

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@stonikbyte.com.

Danut. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events