How can I add system users to a user group?

Ra Williams November 13, 2018

TLDR:

I'd like to add the system user for "Automation for Jira" to a group called "internal" so it has the correct permissions to perform some workflow transitions that I recently added conditions on by group. However, the option doesn't seem available.

Can someone confirm if this is possible or not?

Longer:

I use Automation for Jira to automatically transition workflow steps.

Essentially, when I assign users belonging to specific groups (i.e. "jira-developers), it sets the status to "Dev To Do."

The recently added workflow conditions I've implemented to sandbox external vendors to certain transitions breaks Automation's ability to transition.

I thought the solution would be to add the system user to that "internal" group, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Can someone help me out?

I'm on Jira Cloud.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user November 14, 2018

Hi @Ra Williams,

You will not be able to add the System user "Automation for Jira" to any group.

Regards,

Priyanka

Ra Williams November 14, 2018

Thanks, Priya. 

If anyone stumbles across this, to solve, we just used the "User in any group" functionality instead of "user in group" for workflow transitions and added the existing group "atlassian-addon-admin," which fixed it. That first functionality allows you to add multiple groups, which I was too green at workflow conditions to know about. Lesson learned!

Like # people like this
Nelson Gomes January 21, 2021

Thank you for sharing the solution @Ra Williams, it fixed my problem.

Like Ra Williams likes this

Suggest an answer