How can I add groovy custom field validator on the workflow transition using field id?

Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2013

I have two custom fields with the same name, but having different custom field types. One is number field, another is select list.

I cannot reference second one in my workflow transition validator. If I use condition

cfValues['Week number'] == ''

, it references number field instead of select list field

If I use condition with custom field id

cfValues[11270] == ''

or

cfValues['customfield_11270'] == ''

, it does not work either

How can I add groovy custom field validator on the workflow transition using field id?

2 answers

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2013

You won't be able to use cfvalues, you have to use issue.getCustomFieldValue(CustomField) etc.

Personally, I don't think it's great practice to have two CFs with the same name associated with the same issue. Makes searches hard for one thing.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2013

Just curious, can you address the number field by its ID? You're checking for an empty value in a select list...usually the select lists do have option values like "-1" for "none"...

Suggest an answer