How can I add a column in Taskboard with the same status and resolution as another?

Annie Bedford July 12, 2011

I'd like to add another column in Taskboard with the same status and resolution as another but Greenhopper won't let me. This seems like a strange restriction to have as it is a perfectly valid workflow to have multiple columns with the same status and resolution. For example while an issue is In Progress but not Resolved, it could be in any number of user-defined stages such as Documentation, Code Review etc. It would be nice to mimic this somehow with the tool, is it possible to add a user-defined column to the configuration screen so that columns could be keyed on status, resolution and another field?

1 answer

1 vote
Martin Cooper
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2011

Greenhopper needs to be able to evaluate where to display the issue/card on the taskboard. If you have two columns with the same Workflow status and resolution Greenhopper cannot tell where the card should be.

Its the same in your workflow, the pairing of status and resolution is a unique key pair. In your example the workflow is logically open--> inprogress-->documentation-->codereview-->closed. But it appears that the sub stages have not been created as steps in the Workflow but as custom fields.

As far as Jira and greenhopper are concerned these are not part of your actual workflow.

To get the result you desire, you need to include the substages as actual steps/statuses in the workflow, they would then be able to be mapped on the Greenhopper taskboard.

Jira has two supa-states for all issues, which are basically resolved and unresolved, and this is triggered by the resolution field. Anything that does not have a resolution is deemed to be open unresolved. Greenhopper builds on this with the concept of 'Done'. Anything mapped to the Done column on the Taskboard will be reported as 'done' within Greenhopper.

Using all of these factors you should be able to model your workflow to give you the required information.

Suggest an answer