How can I add StatusCategory to filter columns in list view?

Deleted user June 6, 2016

If multiple Statuses are linked to StatusCategories, is there a way to display the StatusCategory also in list view when we list the issues? Environment is JIRA 7.1 Server.

E.g., Statuses are To Dev, (In Dev, In Unit Test), Dev Completed are mapped to To Do, (In Progress), and Done.

I would like to see both Status and StatusCategory in the list view and should be able to export the list to Excel. Any JIRA expert to help on this one?

3 answers

1 vote
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

I don't think there is an out-of-the-box way of doing this, but you can use Script Runner - create a new scripted field with the following code:

issue.status.statusCategory.name

Add the scripted field as a column in the issue navigator and you will see the status category name for each issue.

Nicole Ahlborn February 28, 2018

Hello Petar,

do you think it is possible to display the StatusCategory with a different name?

I.e. "New" as "Open/Backlog"

Kind regards,

Nicole

0 votes
Deleted user June 7, 2016

Hi Petar, Currently, I used a workaround using a custom field and post functions in workflow to fulfill my requirement and it works just fine. However, I would like to use your idea in case if Configuration Manager can help to bring the change from one instance to other. Thanks.

0 votes
Deleted user June 7, 2016

Peta, Thank you for the guidance. What will happen in case if I copy the configuration from one instance to other (say, from Prod to Stage or Stage to Prod)? Do we have to redo all in both the instances or tools like Configuration Manager can pick up the change and copy it to the target instance? (I knew it is different question, but want to make sure before I make any change). Thanks again.

Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

Hi Guhan,

Configuration Manager for JIRA will move the custom field configuration and apply it to the target instance, but it will not copy the Groovy script itself. Are you a Configuration Manager user? You can drop me an email at support@botronsoft.com so we can discuss in detail. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events