How can I JQL search issues whose "issuetype" was changed from, say from Bug to Story

Mridula T Unnikrishnan October 27, 2021

Instead of invalidating a bug, some of the bugs got changed to stories. I need to know how many such instances happened between specific dates. At the moment, change..from to works only for "Status". Is there an alternative?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 27, 2021

Hi @Mridula T Unnikrishnan 

If you're comfortable with solutions from the Marketplace, check out the Issue History app developed by my team. Here you can get a list of issues (as on the screen below) with all changes including Issue Type. You can filter the dates. It's quite simple, no JQL is required. Let me know if it will be helpful for you.

2021-10-27_23-51-02.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2021

Hi @Mridula T Unnikrishnan 

The CHANGED operator works for several fields, and as you note issueType is not one of them.

To do what you ask I believe you will need some form of marketplace app to enhance JQL for searching history.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer