How To Hide Tickets With Specific Lables from Board w/o Using Quick Filter or Swimlanes?

Craig Lashley August 13, 2022

Problem:

I have two template tickets with labels on them. I want to hide them from a Kanban board without using Quck Filters or Swimlanes by using the JQL query:

project = *Project Key* AND (labels != 'labelName' or labels is empty) ORDER BY Rank ASC

Steps I've tried:

1. I have used the above JQL query and added it to Quck Filters. However, each person would have to select the Quick Filter in order for it to apply to their board view.

2. I have used the above JQL query and applied it to Swimlanes but it reconfigures the board and you can still see the ticket in the Swimlane.

Main Question

Is there a way to apply a global filter to a Kanban board so anyone viewing the board will not see a ticket with a specific label without using Quck Filter or Swimlanes?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2022

Hello @Craig Lashley 

Changing the JQL of the filter of the board will apply the results to the whole board.

Thank you @David Bakkers

I don't want to get too far off my original topic so I do apologize for the addtional question. Is there a way to filter based on the actual ticket number so a single ticket does not appear on a board? I am not too familar with JQL and currently trying to learn more about it's syntax. Thanks.

David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2022

Yes, you can find specific issues based on their ID or their key via JQL using the issueKey field.

Refer to the JQL documentation:

Issue key

Search for issues with a particular issue key or issue ID (i.e. the number that Jira automatically allocates to an issue).

Example. Find the issue with key "ABC-123":

issueKey = ABC-123
Like Craig Lashley likes this

Thank you @David Bakkers 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders