How Project Opportunity can be documented in JIRA??

Gurender Singh November 27, 2019

As part of Risk management, project teams identify Risks, Issues, and Opportunities.

In JIRA there is an option to create a ticket of Risk and Issue type only and they have a different Life cycle from identifying to making sure Risk doesn't translate to issue and there are steps also defined in JIRA.

But what I feel missing in JIRA is the Opportunity handling life cycle, which is an important aspect of Project management.

Can you please guide if I am missing something or there is any area of improvement that can be done to the JIRA system to address Opportunity?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2019

We use Jira of opportunity management, but I suspect it would be a different set-up from what you would like.

Over the years, Atlassian have added more templates to help people get started with different types of project usage, but they have created types that are common across many businesses and can generally be picked up and used by most people with little or no tweaking.

"Opportunity management" is not something there is an easy template for - every company does it differently, often very very differently.

So, for this one, I would pick a type that is as close as possible to what your opportunity management process is and customise it to suit you.

Suggest an answer