It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How Jira define a unique user and identify a unique user Edited

Dear all,

We are using Jira Data-Center and we have issue with unique users in Jira database.

It seems to me that Jira identify unique users by its user_key and lower_user_name, is it really the case ?

2019-10-14_11-40-01.png

Because sounds to be by doing so we have duplicate user account in database for same user

Thanks for clarification

regards

2 answers

In relations between tables jira uses lower_user_name as id of the user (for instance in worklog table, or as reporter, creator or assignee in jiraissue table or in changeitem via changegroup or even cwd_membership) idon't remember any relation defined using the user id.

This is wierd if it is using the field lower_user_name , because you could potentially have different lower user name field for a same user internal and external for instance, and if internal is scan first it will take this entry instead of the syn AD.

Anyway to avoid this ?

You can define the order of the user directories. I think only the first one would be used in case of a repetition.

Yoou could check if that is happening with a query to cwd_user to get possible duplicates in low_user_name.

My AD directory is define first in the order list from the UI but that does not means that records in cwd_user are in same order..

What type of querry are you thinking about ?

cwd_user has a field called directory_id, i think jira gives precedence to rows ordering by that directory, I would say even in loging into the app.

something like this

SELECT lower_user_name, directory_id, COUNT(lower_user_name) 
FROM cwd_user
GROUP BY lower_user_name
HAVING COUNT(lower_user_name) > 1

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

885 views 7 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you