How I provide a customer with a link from a dashboard

Hello, everyone,

I have a very simple, it would seem to me, a request: need to provide my customer with a direct link from a dashboard (to a customer portal).

How do I do that?

I tried text-gadget: and used standart html 

<a href="URL">text</a> and it looks that way (this is view on his dashboard):aaa1.png

- the link seems fine, but when I click it, it doesnt take me there, it jist open mu customer portal in a small gadget window - 

aaa2.png 

- which looks ugly and not user friendly at all ((

This Customer is CEO, so I really need it to be done beautifully and of course, yesterday.

In short: I just need to provide him with a link customer portal from his default dashboard.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

The gadget link you've got is being interpreted inside the gadget, I don't think it's going to do quite what you want there.

Closest I can get is to add target = blank into the url parameters, that will pull it up in another window or tab.  For example

<a target="_blank" href="http://linky">Linky</a>

Nic, thank you so much!

That helped ))

This widget could not be displayed.
Alex Christensen Community Champion Jul 14, 2017

In addition to Nic's answer, we've used the Application Navigator as a menu for external links like this. The Application Navigator menu is available on every page in JIRA, and you can also restrict who sees what links in that menu (based on user groups).

So, it may not be in a gadget, but it's just as easy to find after you show your CEO once! :)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

139 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you