How I can sync tempo planning with google calendar?

Javier Castelblanco Diaz December 16, 2019

Hi, 

Is there a way I can make a two way sync between Tempo and Google Calendar?  

Right now my team is waiting too much time double entering an event in both systems, and at the same time, the planning isn't working as it should be, because there are times when people miss entering an event in both systems.  

Please advice.

Javier Castelblanco / 787-567-9191 / jcastelblanco@intechsol-pr.com 

5 answers

2 votes
Alexander Eck [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2020

@Tyler Brown I have put some guidelines together on a possible integration with a script. You can view it here. It includes some functions written in PHP but you should be able to transform that to any programming language of your choice. It is written for Tempo Cloud but works for Server as well when you adapt the API urls and the authentication method.

Let me know if that helps or if you need any further information.

1 vote
Jad Al-Salim December 5, 2022

I am using Tempo planner and I want to integrate it with Google Calendar. I have tried the steps listed in this tutorial but I couldn't find "Google Calendar" item listed under the "View Button". Is it because I am using a non-cloud version of JIRA? 

Can someone please help me in sorting out this issue?

Thank you in advance! 

Susan Wu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2022

Google and O365 Calendar integration are only available for Cloud version. Please feel free to vote and add your use case in the comment for this existing idea in Tempo Aha!.

Like # people like this
Jad Al-Salim December 5, 2022

Thank you for your prompt feedback @Susan Wu 

0 votes
Øyvind Ruud August 12, 2022

I have the same challenge. I want, from outlook or iCal, to subscribe to a calendar that syncs with Tempo. So that I can see in outlook/iCal the changes made in Tempo.

0 votes
Alexander Eck [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2019

Hi Javier,

there is no native way today in order to achieve this with Tempo or other add-ons that I am aware of besides available scripting tools.

I have developed a script that I run on an hourly basis and crawls through all calendar events and create a Tempo Plan if it does not already exists. It uses the Google Calendar API and our Tempo REST API. If you want to go down that road I could provide you with more specific information and/or functions that you might want to reuse. Ping me if you are interested or if if you need any further information.

Thanks and regards

Tyler Brown December 26, 2019

I would be interested in this script that you have. We currently have a calendar that represents a rotation that we would like to use to plan time with so that staff can know that their time is already allocated if they are scheduled that day. 

Thanks!

Tyler

Like Alex Laycy likes this
0 votes
Alex Laycy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2019

Hi @Javier Castelblanco Diaz ,

Is this for Tempo planner, timesheets or both?

If it's timesheets, you can sync your Google Calendar by following these steps. If you then add the JIRA ID to calendar events, Tempo should pick this up automatically - though you will still need to confirm the timesheet entries. 

- Alex

Javier Castelblanco Diaz December 16, 2019

Hi Alex, it will be for Tempo planner.  The idea is that if I schedule an event on Google Calendar it automatically sync to the Tempo Planning tool, and vice versa.  

Please advice.

Suggest an answer