How I can create in plugin an Entity with relation (i.e. OneToMany etc)to existing Jira's entites

Ygarr April 13, 2017

I need to interact, have relation, attach with existing Jira  Entities( VO, POJO, DOTO) in plugin
Seems "add-custom-field" plugin or "ActiveObjects" and "Add New Entity" documentation sections does not clearly helps.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2017

I dont think I follow.

a) JIRA tables are not really there for you to tinker with, it would likely break something.

b) If you choose to create an addon, your addon can create Tables that are specific to your addon, you do not gain ability to introduce foreign key relationships to JIRA entities.  However, there is nothing stopping you storing ID's of JIRA entities in AO tables. Of course, there is then some risk if those entities change.

c) Entities in JIRA can have 'properties' that your addon can set.  By doing this, you can potentially tag Entities you are interested in 'loosely' and use JQL to dynamically locate them.

Your exact requirements are unclear, please expand.

Suggest an answer