How I can block start of work on blocked issue until the blocking has been resolved?

Roman Mostyka January 23, 2012

Hi!

If there are two issues, one blocking and one blocked, I need to forbid to start work on blocked issue.
I've tried to find an answer here, but without success. I'm sure that there are a lot of people who implemented required behavior, therefore if anybody knows the solution, please give me advise.

Thanks,
Roman.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Roman Mostyka February 8, 2012

Unfortuantely it looks like this is impossible to do, though it can be very useful feature.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2012

You can do it with a plugin. Just write a workflow condition similar to subtask blocking condition.

1 vote
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2012

There is a "sub-task blocking" workflow condition, but I don't know of any way off the top of my head where you can have one issue block another.

Roman Mostyka January 24, 2012

Thanks for the quick reply, but this is slightly diferent from what I'm looking for. I know about this condition, but as I understand it works only for sub-tasks, but I need to block workflows for standard issue which is linked as "blocked by" with another standard issue.

0 votes
Michael I. February 8, 2012

Roman,

you can use GroovyRunner plugin for JIRA: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Script+Runner.

When this plugin will be enabled, you`ll can create a new type of workflow conditions - "Script Condition". So you can write any condition you need.

Suggest an answer