Ho to seach for linked issues? Fieldname and linked issue type

Stephan Rothämel September 30, 2013

Hi,

Jira 5xx

We linked some issues from other projects in one mainproject. The linked issues available in filters but we can't seach about the linked issues.

Esp. we need a seach like that

project = aaa and linked issues in type cloners and status of linkedissues = closed

is ist possible to seach:

- linked issues

- linked issue type

- status of the linkes issue?

thx stephan

4 answers

1 vote
MichałS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2013

Hi Stephan,

We use the Script Runner plugin. There you get some JQL functions like: hasLinks(...) or hasLinksTypes(...).

But to do what you want to do we use a custom JQL function created with use of Script Runner.

There is a possibility to use Groovy and JIRA API to search for almost all combinations you would like to.

Read more here: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Script+Runner

0 votes
Stephan Rothämel October 6, 2013

Hi Udo,

thank you for the Solution!!

Best regards

Stephan

0 votes
Stephan Rothämel October 6, 2013

Hi,

Script Runner works fine.

But the Query ends after ~1985 Signs.

I use " ....OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("status = 'im Test'", "ist Voraussetzung für") OR ..." to check some status in the linking issue.

I didn't find a Solultion for a Query with muliti select like:

"OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("status in 'im Test' , closed", "ist Voraussetzung für")"

With a multiselect Query i didn't have the problem with the 1985 Signs :-)
I will check ~25 different Status (i know it is many Status, but they are in x different Workflows) in one Query.

Thanks Stephan

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2013

Create a filter with all your required status like

status in ('im Test', closed)

save this filter (e.g status-filter)

and use that filter in your original query

"OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("filter = status-filter", "ist Voraussetzung für")"

0 votes
Stephan Rothämel September 30, 2013

It looks good, i will try it.

Thank you Stephan

Suggest an answer