Hiding issues from backlog?

Staffan Berglund January 21, 2020

In a rather large project, one branch of issues that is connected to a certain functionality, have been put on hold. It is uncertain that it will be implemented, but there is still a chance. I would like to hide these issues from the normal backlog. But I want to be able to introduce them again if that part of the project gets a green light again. Should I start a new project and move them there or is there another way?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

I am not a big fan of Labels generally but this scenario seems to be a perfect UC. Simply add a label to each of these issues and then exclude that label in your board's filter, e.g.

...AND labels != "consider-later-maybe"

Thanks!

I actually did that an excluded the issues that were all part of a certain Epic link. Problem solved.

Like Patrick Carlén likes this
0 votes
CJ Edwards January 21, 2020

Creating a new status that is in the StausCategory of "Done" and setting a meaningful resolution and status Name will help.

You can then bring the issue out of "long term backlog" when you are ready to proceed again.

I am a little bound by my low adminstrative level. I am uncertain that I can create any new status. It is a tool used by a large company and our project is only one of many.

I tried using a Definition of Done and setting a tag on the issues I want to hide. Then I am fiddling with the board filter to hide those that have not been checked. But I cannot use != in this context. So I can make the board show only the ones I want to hide. ;-) Not really, or quite the opposite of, what I wanted. I will continue to try.

Thanks for a very fast reply! 

Suggest an answer