Hide system element 'move'

Evgeny V December 16, 2021

Hello!
Can I hide the 'Move' action based on the custom field values?
I need to solution without a scriptrunner. My company prohibits the use of a scriptrunner for tasks of a similar type:(

P.S. Actually I need to hide the issue types to prevent changing the issue type. But I think this is impossible

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

Move issue is a permission, so to get rid of it, the best thing to do is remove the permission from a user.

However, I really want to ask "why?".  Why would you want to stop people moving issues?  Moving an issue is an option for changing an issue's type or moving it to another project and these are not things you should be doing regularly - they're there for when mistakes have been made (issue created in the wrong project or of the wrong type) or you're doing some re-organisation or housekeeping.  

Your question says you only want to allow move depending on data on the issues, which is not a reason you should be allowing move to people.  I suspect you have a broken process here, and hiding move (which won't stop people doing it by the way) is not going to fix that.

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

Hi,

You can modify your permission scheme to allow some users or no one to move issue.

Evgeny V December 16, 2021

Yes, but this way I can't prevent movement depending on custom fields value.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events