Hide "Child Issues" section in the issue view

Simon Neuville March 21, 2022

Hello!

Since a week, I have noticed a section "Child Issues" in the issue view of my instance. I do not remember configuring this, and would like to blend this out. 

I suspect this has to do with "Jira Advanced Roadmaps", but can not find any related setting. 

Screenshot 2022-03-21 161334.png

Thank you for your support and kind regards,

Simon

2 answers

0 votes
Blaise Rey-Mermet March 2, 2023

I had the same requirement and solved it another way. (Note: we run a Data Center JIRA version, so I didn't test it on Cloud version.)
Behaviours only allow you to change how fields behave on issue Create or Update screens, as explained e.g. here https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/basics-behaviours-set-hidden 
In the issue main screen, the "Child Issues" is a separate panel, so we can show or hide it with Fragments.    

• In your Admin > manage Apps > SCRIPTRUNNER > Fragments,  create a new fragment and select "Hide system or plugin UI element". 
  • Give it a name, e.g. Note: Hide child Issues Panel
  • Hide what: com.atlassian.jpo:jpo-child-issues-web-panel
  • You can add a condition, e.g. I was hiding this panel only for projects of a specific category using:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.option.Option
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue

if(jiraHelper.project?.projectCategory?.name == "Project Category X"){
return false // false: hide the panel
}

return true // else true. show the panel

14-31.jpgThis avoid us to modify any HTML code on the UI. 

Craig Flaherty August 28, 2023

What would the syntax be to hide this panel for multiple projects based on Key?

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2022

Hi @Simon Neuville 

From what I recall, it might be visible if this Issue Type is above Epic in the Advanced Roadmaps hierarchy.

I'd check if it is as a first step...

1. Go to Plans > Settings
  2. Choose to view the hierarchy configuration from the left-hand menu

In terms of hiding it, I don't believe there's an option natively. What's the need to hide it, given it is required for Advanced Roadmaps?

Ste

Suggest an answer