Hide issue if user is not the assignee

Aira Veronica Dizon February 25, 2020

So in my workflow, upon issue creation an issue security level will be set. The security level is "current assignee". 

What's happening is:

From Issue Create Screen ->  Assign issue to User A -> Issue created  (the security level is automatically set here)

User A can see the issue while other users cant see it because they're not the assignee. When User A will assign the issue to another user, this is what happens:

User A clicks the Assign button and selects a user -> Issue is being hidden already and "Issue cannot be viewed" is displayed on the screen and is now visible to the user assigned by User A.

My problem is, after assigning, the transition must be clicked/executed first before the issue gets hidden. But it seems impossible because the security level is already set on the issue since creation and every time I change the assignee, it gets reflected immediately.

Is there a way to hide the issue after the transition is clicked?

1 answer

1 vote
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2020

Hmm.. not sure if I fully understand, but I think that you should simply

1. Create a transition that you would like to use to reassign (Do not use the OOTB Assign button to assign tickets)
  2. Add a screen to this transition that would have Assignee field
  3. Click on the new button, choose assignee and execute transition (Issue should be reassigned and new assignee should see the issue now)

Suggest an answer