Hide closed issues

Kelly September 9, 2019

I have more than fifty issues in the closed column.

How to hide them, please?

Thanks

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2019

You should add a sub-filter to your Kanban board, e.g.

resolved >= -2w OR resolved IS EMPTY
Kelly September 9, 2019
Component = KD AND resolved >= -2w OR resolved IS EMPTY
Kelly September 9, 2019

Thanks Jack

Kelly September 9, 2019

But when I add your solution in my filter, it removes all the issues from the other column

Kelly September 9, 2019

Do you have a solution?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2019

Try this

resolution is EMPTY OR resolution is not EMPTY AND resolutiondate > -14d

Like Kelly likes this
Kelly September 9, 2019

Thank you very much for your help!

Even with this new filter it doesn't work. We see the other "component" appear, while I want to see only the "component = KD".

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2019

change your main project filter to include only KD components.

3 votes
Peter Ehardt December 3, 2019

Why are closed issues still showing up by default in the backlog view? What's the idea behind this?

and why is there no easy way of hiding them?

0 votes
Oscar Quinteros October 25, 2021

I vote for something like this:hide-by-status-2.png

hide-issues-by-status.png

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2019

As mentioned above, you can update the board query or subquery to hide closed issues.

Another option is to use the "Release" button on the top-right of the board, this will create a release and mark all the closed items as released, so they should no longer show.  You would need to to this periodically, say once a month, to stop the column from filling up again.

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2019

Hi @Kelly ,

You can update the filter query of your board, such that close requests will not listed.

Suggest an answer