Hide button from issue screen

Tauqir Rao November 5, 2019

Hello everyone!

I am trying to hide edit and comment buttons on issue page. But I do not found anything in JIRA to accomplish this. 

Is there anyway to do this? Please

hide.PNG

3 answers

0 votes
PRanjith August 6, 2021

Hello Both,

To hide Comment button in issue page, please follow below steps

Plugins-> System Plugins-> Issue Operations Plugin-> Manage plugin modules -> And disable View Issue Ops Bar Comment Link

Thank you

0 votes
Tauqir Rao November 6, 2019

Replying to @Ollie Guan

Hello @Ollie Guan  Thanks for your response.

I give permission to my users to add label and comment functionality in my custom screen which is attached with workflow transition. So if I remove users from permission screen then users cannot add label and comments.

All I want is 

1. User have permission to edit and comment

AND

2. Hide buttons "Edit", "Comment" from issue page

AND

3. Allow users to add labels and comments only withing separate screen which is attached with transition

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2019

Hi @Tauqir Rao ,

The two operations are related to the project permissions, you need to remove the user's permissions in the permissions scheme.

1.Edit Issues

2. Add Comments

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/managing-project-permissions-938847145.html

TIM截图20191106162804.png

Tauqir Rao November 6, 2019

Hello @Ollie Guan {Ctrip}  Thanks for your response.

I give permission to my users to add label and comment functionality in my custom screen which is attached with workflow transition. So if I remove users from permission screen then users cannot add label and comments.

All I want is 

1. User have permission to edit and comment

AND

2. Hide buttons "Edit", "Comment" from issue page

AND

3. Allow users to add labels and comments only withing separate screen which is attached with transition

Suggest an answer